File type (pspbrwse)

Migwell 08:46 01 Jul 2007

The above (pspbrwse) files are shown with all my pictures. There is one of these files in most directory's and sub directories of most of my pictures.
1. What are they?
2. How did they get there?
3. What are they used for?
4. Will it do any harm to delete them?
5. How do I stop them from appearing?

The icon for that file is seen as a small computer screen with six very small icons on it. When I hover my mouse over them I get a description of [JBF File]

I can’t' say when I first noticed them, but I know they have been there for a long time. When I burn a CD of pictures Nero tells me that there is an un-recognised file type there. If I just let them burn with the pictures the CD will not play on the Sony CD player, but will play on the computer. Deleting them from the list to be burnt on CD allows the burnt CD to play on the Sony CD player.

paint shop pro ?
click here

Migwell 09:17 01 Jul 2007

Thanks to THE RAVEN but I haver never used painshop pro and can't think how I have picked up anything from that prog. Any ideas?

The only Photo progs I have are:
Arcsoft
Mr Photo
M/S Digital Image
Fine Pix Viewer
Pixela (Part of Fine Pix)

eedcam 09:37 01 Jul 2007

click here
Not the answer but may be of some help

sorry migwell,dont know the answer to how it got there.
does the .jbf file extension appear in explorer/tools/folder options/file types?

sorry migwell,dont know the answer to how it got there.
does the .jbf file extension appear in explorer/tools/folder options/file types?

Migwell 07:27 02 Jul 2007

No only when I hover my mouse cursor over the file or it shows up in the type column while in evplorer and while showing details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone