File Sharing Help?

pcdaley21 22:09 11 Jun 2007

In a bit of a pickle, have moved from home far far away and have recorded many hours of footage of my new location. However as i have no means of being able to burn my footage to disk and post it I wondered if anyone knew of a program which I could download to share directly these large 300mb+ files with my family and friends.

Any ideas would be greatful, mike

Quiet Life 22:18 11 Jun 2007

You can upload them to click here
and they can then be downloaded from there.
It is a free service and works well.

pcdaley21 00:54 12 Jun 2007

y files are still too large to send unless I sign up to there service, any other ideas?

scolley 01:08 12 Jun 2007

could you open a beta my family .com site and invite your friends, and family to view it, take a look its, click here dont but it might work,

Input Overload 01:47 12 Jun 2007

I sometimes use a P2P music sharing program to send large files of my own to & from my brother in ireland & it works quite well. SoulSeek has no spyware on and it's perfectly legal to use if they are personal files to which YOU own the copyright! Both you and your family will need the program on & take care setting it up so only your family & friends can access your files. click here

Input Overload 02:01 12 Jun 2007

BTW, using a P2P program has the added advantage that if you or the recipient loses connection you/they can simply reconnect & carry on where you left off,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?