File share

pittza 23:11 01 Jan 2007

\\MSHOME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource.

I am unable to share files or print share from my new laptop computer. The question title above is the error message received when clicking "View Workgroup computers" in the "network tasks" column. "\\MSHOME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource.
I have stayed up many sleepless nights determined to get this laptop networked with my desktop computer. This new laptop can not be seen on my network but the pc can Please help.

terryf 00:45 02 Jan 2007

did you use the wizard to set up the network and produce a floppy which you then put into the laptop? Did you right-click on the laptop folders you want to share and go to Sharing and security and untick read only then go to advanced and tick Share this folder on the network?
For more info click on an empty part of the desktop and press F1 then put search words in like 'networking' 'file sharing' into the help centre

terryf 00:46 02 Jan 2007

PS you also need to go to start>settings>printers on the PC right click the printer and go to sharing

terryf 00:59 02 Jan 2007

This thread has been posted in networking as \MSHOME is not accessible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone