file recovery problem

The Scorpion 12:54 25 Nov 2008

Hi guys
I need your help.

I am trying to recover Word (.doc) deleted files. I am using 'Multi stage Recovery' program. This program recovers the deleted Word .doc files but they all look as if they are encrypted or encoded.
I tried other programs to undelet but no success. The recovered files still look encrypted or encoded.
Hoe can I convert or decode these files so that the are readable in Word (.d0c)?

many thanks

johndrew 14:31 25 Nov 2008

I presume you checked the `Recycle` bin for the files before you went ahead with this software?

Also you don`t say whether the files were encrypted in the first place.

I know nothing of MultiStage Recovery software, but would suggest you contact the Technical Support click here if you continue with difficulties. They do say their software is simple to use and has a built in preview system.

skidzy 16:38 25 Nov 2008

Have you tried the freeware options out there;

I would start with PCInspector click here

Some more to try but no promises;

click here
click here
click here

cocteau48 16:56 25 Nov 2008

I tried Multi-Stage Recovery this morning (todays Giveawayoftheday) and was not overly impressed.
Have a try with Recuva:
click here

jordande 09:40 21 Jan 2009

Hi

johndrew is absolutely right first you check your recycle bin if you are unable to find your files and folders then you can easily recover you .doc files with the help of stellar phoenix it is very easy and good software <a href="click here">file recovery</a>.

But first check your recycle bin.
Regards

jordande 09:40 21 Jan 2009

Hi

johndrew is absolutely right first you check your recycle bin if you are unable to find your files and folders then you can easily recover you .doc files with the help of stellar phoenix it is very easy and good software <a href="click here">file recovery</a>.

But first check your recycle bin.
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?