A file named TFTP840

User-1BD6D3E1-0CC3-49F6-BF40FF97E4E996B4 00:23 26 Feb 2004

A while ago i scanned my computer for viruses using the online virus scan
at the symantec web-site and the result was one file infected with the W32.Blaster.Worm, I tried the online virus scan at McAfee.com and the result was no virus and I also tried various removal tools but they never found the
W32.Blaster.Worm to remove. I deleted the file and it's now in my recycle bin, the original location of the file was in C:\windows\system32.

The questions I have are..

Does anyone else have this file on their computers in an uninfected state?

Am I right in assuming that if i place a file in the recycle bin and WindowsXP ght?seems to be loading and running ok to me then the file is not needed to run the system?

What I'm trying to say is if windows needs a file to load it wouldn't look in the recycle bin, right?

powerless 00:46 26 Feb 2004

Does anyone else have this file on their computers in an uninfected state? - File is not here.

Am I right in assuming that if i place a file in the recycle bin and WindowsXP ght?seems to be loading and running ok to me then the file is not needed to run the system? - Yes.

What I'm trying to say is if windows needs a file to load it wouldn't look in the recycle bin, right? - Yes.

I'll delete it then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?