File Extraction

1887 22:24 30 Jul 2006

Hi

Could anyone please help me. I have a dvd with mp3 and videos on and windows will not allow me to recognize these files im trying to open.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Ive downloaded WinRar and acrobat reader but im still having problems.

Kind Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 30 Jul 2006

What fie extension?

.rar .arc .lhz .zip ?

1887 22:42 30 Jul 2006

When it plays sound I have a message that pops up on the screen saying :

Windows media player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play.

When I go to try the videos it comes up with:

Windows cannot open this fil
File Name : Blah Blah
To open this file, Windows needs to know what programme created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically (TRIED THIS IM CLUELESS) or you can manually select from a list of programmes on your computer.

What do you want to do?
Use the web service to find the appropriate program

Or select the programme from a list

Please help me someone I havent a clue what to do to run or open these files.

ArrGee 09:53 31 Jul 2006

Make sure you have the right codecs in place. I would suggest downloading ACEMega Codecs
click here

1887 15:32 31 Jul 2006

How do you mean? Codes?

1887 17:09 31 Jul 2006

ArrGee I thought you were suppose to help me I waited nearly 5 hours for acemega to install and its still the same as before.

What a waste of time that was

Can anyone else please help me??

skidzy 17:21 31 Jul 2006

Firstly 1887 i suggest you apologise to Arrgee,he is trying to help and dose not have to help anyone.

Just to remind you,this is a free Forum with free help, and help and advice is given in peoples own time.

Another codec pack for you to try click here

Hope this helps

GroupFC 17:27 31 Jul 2006

The people on this forum give up their time freely to offer advice, when somebody encounters a problem and comments like your last post do not endear you to people!

ArrGee did not say codes he said codecs, which are items of software that may be necessary to enable video/audio to run.

If you would reply to Fruit Bat /\0/\ post of Sun, 30/07/[email protected]:32 as to what is the file extension of the file you are trying to play, somebody else may be able to help.

As an aside, I am somewhat surprised that ACEMega codecs took that long to install as it does seem to me to be an inordinate amount of time to install a pices of s/ware! Are you having any other problems with your PC?

1887 18:16 31 Jul 2006

Look im sorry ok im frustrated that this wont work. Took me 5 1/2 hours to download and after it downloaded it wouldnt even let me open the files that I already could. Dont know what it done so I had to do a system reset.

Im not having any other problems with my Pc apart from this software its all been ay OK.

It was acemega codecs that I installed as advised but its still unable to open any of the files inc the ones I could so ive had to uninstall that software.

SO ONCE AGAIN SORRY TO UPSET ANYONE IN ANY OF MY COMMENTS :@)

1887 18:25 31 Jul 2006

Just checked the videos are RM Files and 3GP files???

Games are JAD Files???

and the audio are AMR files???

Does this give you any clues as im unsure where else to look m8

Thanks alot

skidzy 18:40 31 Jul 2006

Not sure if you have any software to convert these files.It sounds like you are trying to play mobile ringtones and mobile videos on your pc.
Did you buy this on Ebay ?

You will need a converter to play these files,and will probably have to pay for the software.

If you have Nero etc this may do the job for you.

This link will convert some audio files for you,but i dont think this will do the video files. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires