File errors how do i fix them

  razzy31 00:56 27 Feb 2003

my file sysem has errors that need fixing any ideas let me know please

  Djohn 02:01 27 Feb 2003

If on win98. then go to : Start/run, and in the window that appears type the letters, SFC then click on OK, or hit the enter key on keyboard, this will search for corrupted files and ask if you want to fix them, say yes, and it will.

If your cab. files are on the hard drive then it will do it from there, if not, then it will ask you to insert your Win. CD.

  powerless 07:00 27 Feb 2003

If on Windows XP.

Have your Windows XP CD in the Drive...

Start > RUN > Type


Click ok.

Let it do what it does. Please take note that there is a space after SFC. If in doubt copy and paste the above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017