"File error : data may be lost".

I have sent a friend a spreadsheet via e-mail but the error:- "File error : data may be lost". appears. What is it and what can we do please? Thanks.

sean-278262 19:27 08 Mar 2007

Does the file open on your computer still. If so just resend the file. Easier than fighting to find a solution.

Office 2003 has a repair option which is worth a look. Go to the open option if I remember correctly and you can then choose to sort it if it can be. However most likely made easier to resend it. Alternatively try putting the file in a zip or rar file using the likes of click here or click here. The former being recognised and openable on any windows XP machine.

A

I think my friend has office 2007. Could that be the problem. And I have sent several times to no avail.

sean-278262 19:40 08 Mar 2007

office 2007 should have no problems. As I said try resending it and if that fails use a zip or rar file.

And as I said I have sent several times now zipped and unzipped.

VoG II 19:45 08 Mar 2007

Does the spreadsheet actually open?

Not on his. It does on mine however.

VoG II 19:50 08 Mar 2007

If you want to try sending it to me I can take a look. I have Excel 2003 however.

Let me know if you want me to 'yellow envelope' you.

Which version of Excel do you have?

sean-278262 19:53 08 Mar 2007

[email protected] - what format is it saved in. File > save as and set it to office 2003 xls file or whatever it says.

Astec123 your suggestion seemed to work. Although somehow it doubled the size of the file!!??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?