file association problem

liloldlady 11:03 20 Sep 2009

I am trying to open a driver zip file, when I clicked on it it asked me which program to open it with and it only offered me internet expolorer or media centre both do not open the folder, so I went into file ssociation thingy and tried to set it at the original setting but can't it still only offers me the same as above, How can I set the original settings, I have just reformatted my drive and need to get my wireless driver back, I am running windows vista hoe on a gateway laptop...Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:09 20 Sep 2009

Sounds like you don't have a program that will open the file, is it definately a zip file or something else like a rar file?

click here should open almost any type of zip like file.

liloldlady 11:14 20 Sep 2009

definately a zip file, I must of somehoe messed up because apparetely the file should have unzipped automatically in vista but somehow I atributed this file expension by mistake and now can't get rid. Everytime I try and download the driver it only now opens up in media center which of course is useless...

Technotiger 11:34 20 Sep 2009
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 20 Sep 2009

Back into file associations and untick "always open..."
then you should be able to change the file association.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?