File for Application

Newuser411 18:14 16 Feb 2003

My 4 yaers old PC wasinfected by Trojan and went dead. It was sent for resurrection. I was happy to have it back now virus free and without losing any of the files in My Document. BUT, after the computer is booted up, a great big pop up message "Program Not Found" saying the file SirC32.exe for application is not found. I can access the old Words and Excels files that were saved but I cannot run any program because the file SirC32.exe for application is not found. I tried re-installing Windows but the Set Up would not run because, you've guessed it, File SirC32.exe is not found. The PC cannot be shut down the normal way except either just switch it off or via Ctrl Alt Delete. When the PC is switched on again, ScanDisk come into operation because the computer was not shut down properly.
Although I have got my computer back, it is as good as being useless if the file for application to run programs is not found.

Please, where and how can I resurrect this file buried deep in the labyrinth of files in Windows? or anywhere?

Joe McG 18:19 16 Feb 2003

Newuser411,
I think you'll find that this file is the virus itself.click here

VoG™ 18:20 16 Feb 2003

You have (or have had) the Sircam virus and it hasn't been removed properly. See the manual removal method click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?