FFWSG_Commication - Do YOU know what this is??

AngeTheHippy 08:58 16 Jun 2008

Morning Chaps,
Yesterday I powered up Lappy and neiher Firefox or Explorer would load, although both tried - the cursor flickered a few moments. I initiated a restart and then I could open both browsers. The same thing has happened just now, I restarted and it's OK again. However, on both occassions before what I clicked restart, I got a small window saying ending prog 'FFWSG_Communication'. I've Googled this phrase and nothing has come up. Now I'm REALY confused!! Has anyone had this before? The ONLY thing I can think of that's changed is I installed Spyware Terminator (mentioned on PCA in the freebees section I think it was...)on Saturday, and the 2 times I've powered up since then this odd thing has happened.

Advice please?

Thanks loads,

AngeTheHippy
xx

tullie 09:08 16 Jun 2008

Maybe you could uninstall Spyware Terminator then reboot,just to see what happens?

AngeTheHippy 09:18 16 Jun 2008

Yeah - already done that a few moments ago. This only happens of course when I power up from cold...

Ange
x

jaydreem 17:49 03 Oct 2008

Ange, I think there's nothing wrong with your computer. I mean, the same message I get from time to time, and that usually happens after Spyware Terminator updates arrive. Somehow I guess the update process program doesn't close, so when you restart / shut down computer, it warns you. Like you, I also have Firefox and Spyware Terminator. So, there's no need to worry. If it was a virus, I think my anti-virus would have detected it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?