Fewer tool bars

golfpro 04:56 07 Sep 2009

OS XP Home. On my net book I am using IE as a browser. I have no complaint with this, however with the IE toolbar I now have a total of four at the top of my screen, I would like to keep the google toolbar as I find this very useful I would like to get rid of the IE as I very rarely use it except to get back to my home page which is not on any of the others. How can I get the Home Page logo onto say the google toolbar?

tullie 05:14 07 Sep 2009

Right click an empty spot at top,then untick the toolbars you dont want displayed.Which browser do you intend to use if not IE?

golfpro 06:05 07 Sep 2009

I want to stick with IE as a browser, does this mean I have to keep the IE toolbar?

tullie 07:05 07 Sep 2009

Do you mean the navigation toolbar?Sorry but i dont think ive grasped the problem,its early.

golfpro 08:31 07 Sep 2009

So Far I've got the Menue Bar, Compatibility View Button (whatever that is), Command Bar, Status Bar, And Google Tool Bar. All are ticked at the moment.

BT 08:40 07 Sep 2009

Menu Bar can be unticked. If you need to use it the Alt key will toggle it on/off.
Status bar is the one at the bottom of the window.

Untick everything you don't want. You can always put them back if you want them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?