A few Vista issues.

scott26985 14:27 22 Feb 2007

I have a new pc with vista home premium on it. I’ve been re-stalling my old software from my last pc and I’ve got a few problems.

First off itunes runs VERY slowly and when I plug my ipod in its VERY slow to update it.

I have Naturally Speaking 7 (voice recognition software). It causes Vista premium to have to change its display to Vista Basic (e.g. no aero windows or 3d flip). It only does this with the administrator user account and not the guest user account.

Any help? Thanks.

Bailey08787 14:35 22 Feb 2007

there's a dedicated vista section over to the left

skidzy 14:41 22 Feb 2007

Scott you have checked that your old software drivers are compatitble with Vista,havnt you ?

Technotiger 14:49 22 Feb 2007
  Belatucadrus 14:50 22 Feb 2007

Vista and iTunes don't get on well, you may need to run click here the iTunes Repair Tool for Vista 1.0 and make sure you have the latest updates.

scott26985 20:14 22 Feb 2007

Thanks, Im working to fix these.

I have a new problem. In IE7 (same with vista) when I right click it takes 5-10 seconds for the right click box to open (copy, paste, save, ect..). This is really annouying.

any ideas?

skidzy 20:38 22 Feb 2007

Have you had the latest updates from Microsoft Scott.

Also have you tried system restore,theres a good chance you have driver conflicts going on as Vista is yet to accept some software and there drivers.

Check device manager for any yellow exclaimation marks.
Windows key + pausebreak/Hardware/device manager

scott26985 20:50 22 Feb 2007

There are no yellow ! marks byt on the systems page I was something interesting

Under windows Activation is says 12 day(s) to activate windows. Activate now.

Im assuming my pc arrived not vista activated. Should it hit "Activate now"?

skidzy 20:53 22 Feb 2007

Im currently in the process of finding a new system and Vista,so without ever using Vista i would be wrong to advise you to activate,its your choice.
For what its worth,i would if me.

scott26985 21:08 22 Feb 2007

i did it, seems to have cused to problems. Still got this IE7 problem though

skidzy 21:18 22 Feb 2007

As this is a new system,uninstall IE7 from add and remove programs and reinstall.I would not normally advise removal as there are so many problems for some with IE7 and these need to be addressed to we can help find the faults.
When removing IE7,it will revert back to IE6...then try the installation again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?