A few problems after re-install

Max1mus 14:16 11 Mar 2009

Sorry to throw these all at you at once , but there could be a connection.
First I'll give you the 'puter specs: Mesh 18mths old, Asus P5N-E SLI, Intel Q6600 Nvidia 8800GTS 750Gb HD, 4Gb memory & Vista SP1 32bit.
OK, first problem. Have only a unrated 1.0 Windows experience index number.I'm not a great gamer (pool on miniclip!)but alter photo's/edit video so could do with it working.
Second, External drive containing files backed up before re-install not recognised by 'puter so can't even use compatibility mode (I now found out that drive isn't vista compatible, yet worked before?)
Third, task scheduler has to be manually started, unable to reset to auto (area greyed out)so have problems getting diagnostics reports.
This all started after a re-install of the OS yet these items were all ok before, although had other problems. All drivers are up to date, monitor at optimum res, gone into the depths of the OS and (as far as I can see!) all ok there.
I have now run out of ideas, so anyone else got any.......please.

Graphicool1 15:41 11 Mar 2009

When you say 'Reinstall of the OS' are you talking about a reformat or an update?

tullie 15:48 11 Mar 2009

And your drive will be Vista compatible

Max1mus 19:45 11 Mar 2009

This was a complete new reformat, used the disc supplied by Mesh. I later tried to use this disc to do a repair (as I've done many times with my old XP disc), but unlike normal OEM discs, this hasn't that ability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?