feodo.a worm proxyenable help

Alan-Petrie 19:23 18 Nov 2010

Hi

I am having a problem with what I believe to be the worm "feodo.a". In the registry there is a new key called "proxyenable" whenever deleted within a few minutes time it will have come back. The virus I believe is stopping spysweeper from downloading updates, allowing access to certain websites and randomly redirecting me from others.

I have been able to update spysweeper on other pc's using the same key, I have also tried a direct email download from webroot this didnt solve the update problem. I have norton 360 which updates fine but doesnt find any worms nor does spysweeper.

I have checked the internet explorer settings to see if a proxy was enabled, they were all just set to auto.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Alan

johndrew 19:40 18 Nov 2010

Have a look at click here and scroll down to the solutions.

birdface 09:06 19 Nov 2010

click here

Maybe worth giving that a run to see if it finds anything.
Looks like it affects your banking if you bank on line.
So maybe best informing your bank just to be in the safe side.

Alan-Petrie 15:43 19 Nov 2010

thanks for the help so far I had a look at johndrew's link the only registry key that I had was the proxyenable key. I had a look for the autorun.inf but that didnt turn up either.

I will give the microsoft tool a try now and see if that turns anything up.

Buteman I have already been to the bank informed them and changed my pin etc.

birdface 16:42 19 Nov 2010

Any luck or just a waste of time.
The Malware removal forum will probably be able to remove it for you but it takes a few days for them to contact you as they are always busy.

click here

Another new one with a good reputation is HitmanPro maybe give that a go and see what it can find.

click here

Alan-Petrie 18:18 22 Nov 2010

I downloaded Hitman Pro gave that a quick run and it found the problem and sorted it.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?