FEELING STUPID,SHOULD KNOW BUT DON'T,hELP!

rickf 14:34 01 May 2004

Hi All,
I have never had to do this but feeling totally stupid and stumped at the moment. I have done a document set out in A4 in Word 2000 the way I finally want it. I have just discovered that it needs to be in A5 format as the receipient needs it like that. How do I resize it from A4 to A5? Otherwise, I'll have to do the whole document again. Its to be sent by email to the receipient.
Thanks

rickf 14:42 01 May 2004

Anyone knows how?

Bramblerose 14:47 01 May 2004

Try File > Page Set up> Paper Size and change it to A5, you may need to reformat the text size and the margins

rickf 14:54 01 May 2004

Thanks Bramble rose. I did that and the text got all jumbled up. I was hoping that there's a more straight forward way, but I guess not.

Yokel 14:57 01 May 2004

Can you not just create a new document with page setup as A5 and then copy and paste (edit - select all - copy etc. ) all of the content of the A4 document, or have I misunderstood ? No doubt some layout will suffer and need rehashing but I guess it would even with an automatic method if such exists.

rickf 15:22 01 May 2004

Thanks all, guess I'll have to do some more work.
Will close this now.

dave h 16:28 01 May 2004

My Printer (HP Deskjet 720C) allows me to 'Scale to paper size' in it's 'Zoom' option. There I can scale an A4 to Fit to A5...

Perhaps you have something sinmilar in your Printer properties?

rickf 16:54 01 May 2004

Thanks, Yes I have but printing to A5 is not the prob. here. Its reducing to send as required by the other. I have now scanned the A5, save it to word, edit and all's well. Rather tedious but got there in the end. I was trying to avoid this but it seems there is no way around it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?