Feedback on linux

Rasputin_RU 15:58 20 Nov 2006

i've heard it is quite a good program, and when i was a kid i had it once,
but i hear it is good now and has all programs such as corel, adobe photoshop etc,

Any feed back from users, is it worth to swich ti LINUX?

octal 16:43 20 Nov 2006

I use Xandros Linux as my main system, I have Windows 98SE on another partition that I don't really use. So you could dual boot it with another Windows system if you want.

If you don't want to load Linux on straight away I would recommend using what they call a live CD, it's a bootable CD that loads the operating system into memory, it supposed to be slower than running from the hard disk, but that depends on how much memory you have. I have tried Knoppix click here and it is extremely good, there lots of interesting tools on there that don't come with Windows. Running a live CD also allows you to check that your system is capable of running Linux.

octal 16:49 20 Nov 2006

By the way, I will add the security is second to none because of the kernel architecture makes it almost impossible to run any programs without permission from the root administrator, so all the files in the kernel are read only for the normal user, all the users have their own password protected accounts, so it makes it ideal of there is more than one user of the computer like there is in our household.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone