Feathering a picture

KW2K 14:48 17 Sep 2005

Hi, I'm using Paint shop pro and Adobe Photoshop and cant find out how to feather a picture to white at the edges. Does anyone know how to do this.

Thanks.

sinbad1 15:13 17 Sep 2005

if you go to image, then click on picture frame, and choose a style

Diemmess 15:26 17 Sep 2005

I use Corel Photopaint ... which is no use to you but..........In the index they use the old wet photo term of vignette.

Effects > Create > Vinette filter... and away you go, with what colour and what degree of fade, sliders and all.

brambles 16:03 17 Sep 2005

Open the image - select the lassoo tool and draw a selection of the approximate border - click on select invert - then do CTRL + delete.

Before starting ensure you press D to give you the Default Blk/White cols.

You could also use the selection tools i.e Rectangular Marquee or Elliptical Marquee.

Finally you can type Photoshop Tutorials in Google and find more I'm sure.

Hope this is of some assistance

Brambles

KW2K 16:26 17 Sep 2005

Brambles, that was exactly what I was after. Incidently, the white border it creates could do with having a bit more white, how would I increae this, and how would I change the border colour to say blue ?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

brambles 16:53 17 Sep 2005

Make your selection as before - invert - now go to the little Black & White icons on the left hand toolbar. Click on the White one and the colour picker will appear - select a suitable blue - then CTRL + del as before.

There's not a better White than the default one but if you are printing it won't matter anyway because your paper will be the background white.

Hope this helps I'm only a 74 year old Photoshop enthusiast - not an expert!

Brambles

KW2K 17:28 17 Sep 2005

Brambles, thanks again for the info ! Works a treat ! Hopefully when I retire, I'll have more time to enjoy using photoshop just like you !

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?