To F.E. - What's the best way to search this site?

jazzypop 21:06 08 Jan 2003
  jazzypop 21:06 08 Jan 2003

As well as losing the GamesRoom link (sorry to mention that again), the Search box seems to have changed.

Previously, we could use Boolean searches (And, Or, Not) to allow multiple terms to be used when searching previous threads.

We now have a single box.

I wanted to search previous threads for 'white ink'. Typing 'white ink' brought up no results, so I tried 'white AND ink' - still no results.

So, I just typed 'white', and found the thread I was looking for. Have we now lost the Boolean search, or is this a temporary glitch? If we can still search for multiple terms, how do we do it?

I apologise if there has already been a thread on this matter which I have missed, or there is a huge 'this is how to search' link that I have not noticed.

Mundy 22:52 08 Jan 2003

Refresh.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:54 08 Jan 2003

See what ya mean!

The helproom search bit on the right hand column doesn't seem to be up to much cop. Do a search for a topic you can see listed above it and it just takes you back to the "view all threads" screen.

graham 22:59 08 Jan 2003

I find if I select "All discussion" in the parameters I get timed out.

graham 23:01 08 Jan 2003

I have a direct line to Tony O'Malley, he's as jazzy pop as you can get!

Stokey 23:05 08 Jan 2003

Me too graham. Been like that for about a week now. I've been looking for things I KNOW are there but cannot get to them. Of course some of the problem is to do with dodgy headings like "arghhh" and simply "help me" and so on.

jazzypop 12:06 09 Jan 2003

^^??

Tenner 12:42 09 Jan 2003

Thanks for the confirmation of lack of Boolean - type search - I thought it was my memory playing tricks again , when the search appeared to be different.

Regards

€dstow 12:49 09 Jan 2003

Even what is left of "search" fails to do as it says and brings up a failure notice most of the time.

I put some keywords in from some of my own recent posts and it failed six times out of eight to give a result.

€d

watchful 13:05 09 Jan 2003

What is 'view all subjects for'?

It just brings me back to Helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?