fdisk xp

Flat4 12:37 02 Oct 2003

I've done something a bit stupid and only have 5 gigs(on 80 gig drive) put aside for my operating system on drive c:\.I've loaded XP and is working fine but i would like to increase this drive size to 15 gig. Will i have to reformatt the drive? if so is it just a case of re-booting from the XP disc?I confess to being no buff so will this confuse me with alot of questions or will it be straight forward?
Please help

smegs 12:42 02 Oct 2003

click here;en-us;Q263044 .

Mankster 12:42 02 Oct 2003

When you say put aside ,do you mean you have a patition of 5 gig and one off 75 gig approx??

Flat4 12:45 02 Oct 2003

Yes I partitioned it when windows asked what size I'd like. I've since gone on to format the other 75

Mankster 12:46 02 Oct 2003

Sorry "partition" is what i meant

MjM Hellfire 13:14 02 Oct 2003

Get Partition Magic and do it the easy way. I would never use a 75gig partition unless it was on a sever...it is to big for defragging.

PAE 17:21 13 Nov 2003

I have just got a new machine running XP Home. I need to partition it but because I have linked to the Internet I have received some messages. I need to copy them to another disk before I partition but I can't find them. Old machine runs Me and they are stored in Application Data. This doesn't seem to exist. Can anyone help me? Looking at properties they should be in Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\A... Can only get as far as Owner.

Thanks

Gr@h@m 17:41 13 Nov 2003

If you haven't already, click 'Start new subject' and give it a title, something like 'Win XP copy messages'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?