Faxing From Office 2003 with Vista Home Premium

Newuser939 18:35 18 Nov 2007

I have Vista Home Premium which does not include a fax program. However, Office 2003 has a "Send to a fax recipient" facility which would be fine. The only thing is that it needs my fax modem to be set up as a printer. How do I do that please?

mymate 20:17 18 Nov 2007

click here
Just googled it .

mymate 20:25 18 Nov 2007

Newuser939 Sorry had look at the page i put on and it dont look like it will help you.
At least i have bumped you up .

anchor 11:00 19 Nov 2007

It may help if you can identify the make and model of your fax modem.

A search might then find the appropriate printer driver.

anchor 11:04 19 Nov 2007

When you know the modem details, this site might help. Whether a Vista driver is available is another matter.

click here

Newuser939 11:57 19 Nov 2007

The fax modem is described in device manager as "Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem". Equally, according to device manager the device is working correctly and the driver is the latest available. I am beginning to think that what I asked cannot be done without seperate software which is not built into Vista Home Premium as it was in XP. Seems a bit of a retrograde step, but there it is.

anchor 14:39 19 Nov 2007

You could try installing the new Vista compatible driver from the Motorola site,(1st one on the list, dated June 2007)).

click here

If that does not work, then it looks as if you may need separate software.

anchor 14:54 19 Nov 2007

On looking at other forums, where a similar Vista problem is discussed, Snappy Fax version 4 seems to be recommended. Not too expensive at $29.99, (about £15).

click here

If upgrading the modem driver does not work, its worth considering. A trial is available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?