FAXing in BroadBand

Furkin 11:10 02 Dec 2007

Hi all,
I was wondering if it's possible to send &/or receive faxes via BroadBand ?
I use BT B.Band.

I currently use WINFAX for all my computer generated outgoing faxes,,,, but this uses the old Modem & analog lines.

Whilst i'll be sorry to see Winfax go (one of their better programs IMHO), I may not have such a modem in my next machine, nor want to use analog lines etc.

cheers

johnnyrocker 11:14 02 Dec 2007

click here might not be a free option but its a start

johnnny.

MAJ 11:15 02 Dec 2007

Not via a BB connection, but you can use something like Fax to email. click here Personally I have no need for faxes, others on the forum use them a lot, so someone more savvy with them will recommend other providers for you.

Stuartli 11:34 02 Dec 2007

Key in Fax or Faxes into the Search box at the top of the page and at least 20 threads will appear..:-)

Furkin 11:54 02 Dec 2007

thanks guys,

I've come across this which seems to work, via a third party:

Where my questionmarks are, you input your recipients name (or anything) @ (faxnumber)

[email protected]?????????.iddd.tpc.int

I've just sent a couple of tests to myself so will put results here.

-----::-----
Stuartli - will have a look now.

thanks

johnnyrocker 12:07 02 Dec 2007

i believe you crossposted?

johnny.

Furkin 12:10 02 Dec 2007

Sorry Johnny - would you elucidate ?

Furkin 12:48 02 Dec 2007

RESULTS:
It looks like you have to go to their site to send your fax,,,,, as just putting - “[email protected]????????.iddd.tpc.int” - into the ‘send to’ box doesn’t work.

The quality of the print is extremely bad. My initial hopes were for better quality, what with using Digital etc. Of course, this system converts analogue to digital, so what might start out as good, soon deteriorates.
If you send a test message of a few digits, the recipient gets 2 pages. The first is the Third partiesA4 sized ‘advert’ which I assume is why they allow Free conversions.
The 2nd page is then your message.
After giving it a whirl - I won’t be using it I’m afraid.
Too clumsy,,, terrible quality & two pages for a line of message.
It might suit others tho’,,,, maybe in an emergency.

I’m surprised in this day & age, that someone hasn’t come up with decent B.B/Digital Faxing

I’ll be sticking to analogue for a bit longer.

Cheers all

Stuartli 12:56 02 Dec 2007

You can use a dial-up fax/data modem alongside broadband or try a web-based broadband alternative such as:

click here

DieSse 13:02 02 Dec 2007

See my response in the other thread you posted to.

johnnyrocker 13:48 02 Dec 2007

to elucidate-

there is not a lot of point in posting ( therefore hijacking a post ) irrelevant info to a posters different issue.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017