Faxes

rins36 21:34 06 May 2003

Tonight I have used word to type the fax message, then I used 'send to using fax recipient' This was done without a connection to the Internet. I got the message that the fax had been sent, on checking the fax monitor there is no reference to the said fax

I have found out that I use HSP56 WorldMicroModem to send faxes from the computer

On checking (again offline) the fax monitor & there was the following:- a word type doc with a green tick in it, the date the fax was received, number of pages, & status 'success' for 2 received faxes.
On clicking on the said items this message was received '! in a red triangle' The operation cannot be completed, details; fax message could not be found

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

graham√ 22:22 06 May 2003

Photocopiers

rins36 22:52 06 May 2003

graham√

Not sure wht u mean, please explain

watchful 21:00 07 May 2003

^refresh^

rins36 21:03 07 May 2003

Can anyone answer my initial postting or not?

woodchip 21:22 07 May 2003

Not word that's the problem, It your fax software that's not setup correctly. You need to go into the software and have a Polk around the settings

rins36 22:33 07 May 2003

woodchip

Help!

Wht am I looking for to get the settings correct, sending a fax from the comp to me is a new thing to me

can u advise wht to look for/set up etc in the software

Thanks in advance

alextjtaylor 22:42 07 May 2003

I am also confused by the same problem - I've bought a multifunction printer but without a fax and need to work out how I can receive and send faxes with my laptop.
I have a fibre optic LAN connection for internet (I live in Italy - but that's not the reason why I moved :o) ) so will I need to get another cable to connect to the modem and phone socket and then mess around with software?

DieSse 00:39 08 May 2003

Sorry to be so obtuse - but I don't understand why you keep referring to faxes received, when you're talking about a fax you're sending.

After you compose your fax, and then choose Send To - Fax Recipient - I presume you go through the fax wizard and enter the telephone number you are sending to etc. Does it then dial-up and send the fax?? Does the sending operation complete successfully??

alextjtaylor

Faxing can only be done through a regular telephone and modem - not a LAN/Internet connection. That's because that's what faxes use - a regular dial-up connection.

You can choose to use an "efax" service over the internet. This enables you to send faxes as an email, and receive them as an email. Usually you pay for at least the sending part of theis service. the service simply does the conversions to standard faxes for you. I know Tiscali in Spain has a free incoming fax/email conversion - if you're using Tiscali in Italy. maybe they have one there too.

Qmar 01:16 08 May 2003

possibilities..
1)subscribe to click here

2)get a fax modem - which will most usually come with bundled fax software..(I had a very good fax prog. with the modem for my old PC.. it was 'free' and also works for my new PC's modem.. its called 'superfax'. (mailable.)

woodchip 12:01 08 May 2003

Try Fax Software SuperVoice easy to setup.

rins36
Sorry but You will have to have look at the settings in the software you are using, they are all different

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?