Fax setup in windows 2000

Office 11:08 14 Jan 2004

How can I setup Microsoft version fax in windows 2000? I've been to add/remove windows components and I can't find it. Also I've done a search in this discussion archives, but could'nt find what I need.

Please help!!

Stuartli 11:24 14 Jan 2004

Nothing in the Help files? Probably have to install the fax components from the OS disk.

See:

click here

click here

click here

Sheila-214876 11:35 14 Jan 2004

Check out your analogue modem setup disk. It will probably have Supervoice on it. A far superior fax and answerphone programme, which is what I use. You can send faxes from any programme that has a print mode, like word, excel, publisher, paint shop pro etc... It will receive faxes but, your computer has to be on and the programme running. To get round that I subscribe to Trinite at £23 a year and all incoming faxes go to my email Inbox. So I get my faxes whether or not my PC is on or off. Trinite is at click here

Stuartli 16:16 14 Jan 2004

Tiscali does a free fax to e-mail service if you are one of its subscribers.

You are given an 0871-xxx-xxx number as your fax number - Tiscali takes a percentage of the sender's cost for the fax sent - and, of course, the beauty is that your system doesn't have to be on to receive faxes.

I use to use the similar FaxMe service, but this folded about 18 months ago. Tiscali's service is equally as good.

Stuartli 16:19 14 Jan 2004

By the way I used to use the Win95/98 Windows Messaging fax programs, found on the OS disks under wms.exe and Awfax.exe.

Messaging is very similar to Outlook Express in appearance and operation, but I now use the excellent XP Fax Console, which does all I require (plus the Tiscali fax to e-mail service mentioned above for incoming faxes).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?