Fax Setup.

gengiscant 08:47 13 Mar 2010

I recently got myself a Samsung SCX-4623FN mono multifunction laser printer and as I stated in a earlier post,click here, the initial setup instructions are rubbish.
I would like to setup the Fax facility but have not got a clue as to what cables need to be installed apart from a phone connection.

My main phone box is in another room as I use wireless dect's for other rooms so only the base station is connected to the phone socket.
Do I just need to put a splitter on the phone socket then run a cable to the printer,or of course fit an extension nearer the printer?,would it need a ADSL filter?
Or am I completely on the wrong track.

anchor 09:11 13 Mar 2010

You need to connect the machine directly to a phone line. You can do this by running an extension cable to where you wish to place the machine. Assuming you have ADSL, you will certainly need a filter.

gengiscant 11:33 13 Mar 2010

Further to my original query.
The printer has a RJ11 connection and I need to somehow connect said printer to BT socket which is a different size connection.I have a 15m RJ11 cable so all I would need is some sort of adapter.Something like this perhaps.click here
which will allow me to plug in the phone and the RJ11 cable.This adapter would plug into the existing ADSL filter where the phone is currently plugged in which would mean I would not need another filter.
Would this work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017