favorites

Daiol 13:01 17 Aug 2006

hi, just lost the method of my favorites icon under the start menue now i have to open my documents then click on the favorites on the top tool bar to get one of my fav's eg pc advisor forums how do i get that star icon to reappear ive tried to copy and past to desktop but dont work thanks in advance,

VoG II 13:32 17 Aug 2006

Right click the Taskbar, Properties, Start menu tab, Customize button, Advanced tab, tick Favorites.

Daiol 13:45 17 Aug 2006

ye done that but cant open up any of my favs from it i can if i go into my docs why is that? any further info please.

ACOLYTE 14:00 17 Aug 2006

Are your favorites in the right place?

They should be in C\documents and settings "your username" there you should see a star click this and you favs should be inside,copy and paste them from where they are now if they are not there, dont open the star folder to paste just right click on top of it and do it.

Daiol 14:32 17 Aug 2006

ye,did all that what you said,but sorry to be a pain the only way that i can open up a site from my fav box is by opening my documents and clicking the favorites name on the tool bar,now i tried to place a shortcut on the desktop of one of the sites but it will not open from the shortcut neither will the open from the star icon in the start menu the only way i can access google for eg is by opening documents then click on the favs on the tool bar and scroll down to the desired site i req and that is the only way i can open the sites up.why wont the desktop shortcut work any more ive done nothing different to monday only a system restore this morning from today to the 14th.Please assist me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?