Faulty power supply?

timerep 12:48 20 Oct 2004

hello again,
I suspect I may have a faulty power supply on my pc,I have tried to start it and the unit starts up but there is no output to the graphics card. So I tried another graphics card and no joy tested the monitor thats ok on another machine,took the supply out and tried it on two other boards and the same thing happens no output to monitor and once you start it up it will not switch off unless unplugged. I have gone over all senarios including trying a different chip, memory,the funny thing was though it was working fine up untill a fue days ago its about three years old but its had about no more than six months constant use.should I change the unit or would it possibly be something else on the pc thats wrong?

stlucia 13:12 20 Oct 2004

"...took the supply out and tried it on two other boards" If you mean you put the PSU into a couple of other PCs, and it didn't work there either, I think you've proved that the fault is with the PSU. Are you able to borrow a PSU from one of those other PCs to try in your faulty machine? That would clinch it one way or the other.

timerep 13:36 20 Oct 2004

many thanks I think it is the psu Ive orderd another one and hope fully that will sort it out. Thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?