Faulty connection using Speed touch 510 and Vista

XYZ1 23:27 03 Aug 2007

I have an intermittent problem in connecting to the Internet using the Speed Touch 510 modem supplied by Tiscali for use with Windows Vista. I have had a number of discussions with them re the connection problem. When I start up the Computer no problem it will connect to the Internet, so I know the settings are right, they have confirmed this. After the computer has been on a while you click on Internet explorer and it doesn't connect, it says it is.However this doesnt always happen
They advised me to remove the Ethernet connector from the back of the computer,put it back in again and restart the computer. Sure enough its fine, connects straight away but this is getting to be more than a nuisance. Knowing that the settings are right should I ask for a different Modem or is there another solution I should be following.
It will often work again if you just disconnect the plug from the power supply for the modem and put back in again so I am guessing this is where the problem lies. Any suggestions.
Thanks Chris Rees

Stuartli 23:30 03 Aug 2007

Tiscali is normally pretty good at replacing suspect modems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?