faulty backlight?

stevieb27 11:44 15 May 2007

hi there
i have a fujitsu amilo d6800 which i purchased for my daughter which is not lighting the screen.i have changed the inverter but still no joy.i can read the writing on the screen with the aid of a torch but what i would like to know is how easy it is to change the back light itself or do i have to get a new lcd.any help appreciated

thanks

Sheik Yerbouti 13:49 15 May 2007

Are you certain you have inserted the 2 inverter connectors fully home? I recently changed one for my daughter, and it didn't work 1st time (screen still very dim) when I rechecked the connectors, one wasn't fully plugged in. I gave it a push and it clicked into place and after restarting laptop the screen was fine. Very fiddly job. The reason I ask is because a local laptop repair shop told me to do the replacement myself 'cos it was easy (it was,just fiddly) and he said it was 99.9% certain an inverter problem (the dim screen) and I would be very very unlucky to buy the replacement inverter and find out it didn't fix the problem. got it from click here who also sell screens and have a helpful telephone manner. Best of luck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?