fatal exemption, oe 017f:bff72170.

mammak 21:36 12 Apr 2003

Hi folk,s got the blue screen f/ex message, most recent thing i have done on comp was to install a webcam (surfcam, sensor type cmos color sensor, resolultion, cmos 330k pixels 640x480(vga) usb port 30frames/second(cif) true coler ect, installed great brill pic but after a few minutes comp freezes with a fatal ex screen cant say if it is the same f/e code as it the above mess came after i uninstalled the cam, running os win 98se, 63 ram 77% free system resource free, i am a novice folks so be kind laymans terms would be off a help thank,s in advance, ps run norton 2003 anti virus, disabled this while,s installing the cam run a system scan nothing came up ??????

Derek 06:10 13 Apr 2003

Surely your problem is in the registry. Do a re-think and remove everything (delete)that was uploaded and upgraded recently. Use "add and remove" in the control panel and then do a "search" under names in your main drive that you recognise as being attributed to the recent upgrade/load.
Then get your registry to revert back to date when you know that all was well.
If you don't know how to do this then - come back.
Once your PC is running correctly again, then again come back and ask the question "How do I do so-and-so?"
Whatever, get back to where you were.

mammak 21:39 14 Apr 2003

thanks Derek but i really have no idea how get into reg, been up on microsoft site for an age and cant find this f/ex code at all would be greatfull if you could lead the way, i really am an novice in these things, ps sorry took so long too get back to you

mammak 21:39 14 Apr 2003

thanks Derek but i really have no idea how get into reg, been up on microsoft site for an age and cant find this f/ex code at all would be greatfull if you could lead the way, i really am an novice in these things, ps sorry took so long too get back to you

AndySD 23:13 14 Apr 2003

As long as you are using IE 5.5 or newer then ....Go Start choose Settings choose Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs and look down the list for Microsoft Internet Explorer click on it and click on Remove... You will be presented with 3 options choose REPAIR.

mammak 11:33 15 Apr 2003

thanks for that problem sorted, with few clicks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone