Fatal Error..

User-7B915308-8AD8-4BE0-8420DCEE7E605148 16:28 07 Dec 2003

Right ,Im at the end of me tether now :@!!
I loaded CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 03/04 In the cd draw and it told me i had an error..It said Error 1311 Scource file not found D:\Data1.cab Verify that this file exists and that you can access it..then it gave me a message Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information...Aint got a clue where to start,Any ideas? BTW I tried System restore(im on XP HOME)and after rebooting,it said that 'system restore didnt work'..Ive posted this a few days ago,And ty to the ppl who replied,But as im a learner ,It was all double dutch to me,So ,If Poss,Spk slow...thx in advance

Diodorus Siculus 17:00 07 Dec 2003

I did answer this before and apologies for the answer:

The link I gave click here suggests a number of solutions. One requires you to update the windows installer program: if you have windows 98 / Me, then you need a file called InstmsiA.exe which can be found at click here

If you have windows 200 / XP, then you need a file called InstmsiW.exe which can be found at click here

Download the relevant program and run it. That may fix your problem.

Post back here if not.

Diodorus Siculus 17:02 07 Dec 2003

click here for the last answer I gave.

Another suggestion there was that the temporary folders are full - delete anything that may be in them.

An easy way is with a program called EmptyTempTolders from click here

Thanks for youe help,It's much appreciated, i downloaded the part instmsiw.exe,But all i got was a message saying ' wrong OS or OS Version for application'...As we spk i'm trying the temp folders...Just as a matter of intrigue..I got a message after a Download earlier that 'YU ARE LOW ON VIRTUAL MEMORY,Windows is making more space 4 u'...Dont know if thats relevant to the cause?..Thx again

Diodorus Siculus 21:34 07 Dec 2003

Virtual memory - windows uses this if you are low on RAM - it is the paging file. It may have a bearing on your problems.

is there anything else i can do?...ran emptemp,no luck,& the other thing as posted above tells me that its the wrong OS version....i wud completly rub the whole lot out with my start disc ,if the fu*&^ng thing wud run in the cd tray!!

pleeezzz help me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone