Fat32 on C: change to NTFS

Jaz1 20:01 27 Dec 2006

Hi wondered if it was possible to convert my notebooks c:drive from Fat32 to NTFS with no major headaches? I bought this notebook recently and the muppets at the factory have installed the operating system over Fat32. I have a recovery disk and I believe there is a hidden partition with the files on, for the recovery procedure.

Should I reformat and re install or just leave be?...also the second partition was Fat32, but I reformatted this easily.

Your guidance is very much appreciated

VoG II 20:04 27 Dec 2006
  KPC 20:04 27 Dec 2006

my suggestion would be a complete clean install is needed.

I am Spartacus 20:09 27 Dec 2006

If it's a recovery disk you may not have the option of formatting in NTFS on a reinstall.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 27 Dec 2006

I bought this notebook recently and the muppets at the factory have installed the operating system over Fat32.I have a recovery disk and I believe there is a hidden partition with the files on, for the recovery procedure.

That might be because the recovery system may only recognise a FAT32 partition.

Taff™ 23:46 27 Dec 2006

Must be an Acer then! Why anyone would want a 100Gb drive split into two (roughly 50Gb) Fat 32 drives is beyond me too. Am I right?

Jaz1 22:42 28 Dec 2006

Thanks for all your input, I have changed my drice C from Fat32 to NTFS quite easily without reformatting etc...Just used VOG's suggestion. and the procedure lasted just 3 minutes. Damn fast if you ask me?

Ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?