FAT 32

hgrock 23:26 06 Mar 2003

hello members, i found or pccelin said there was a virus on my D drive, My OS is XP, i decided to format the D by going to command ptompt via assessories but i got an error cannot format that this drive id too large for fat32, strange considering it was previously formatted and it is only 40 GB, thanks any ideas?

VoG™ 23:29 06 Mar 2003

Wouldn't it be easier to delete the virus? What anti-virus are you using?

If the AV advised that it was quarantining the file, just delete it.

Or am I missing something?

hgrock 10:07 07 Mar 2003

you are correct, but i wanted to clead the drive of all the rubbish stored there fronm a previous PC when that drive was then drive C; all i wanted to know why i got that error, and if anyone else had come across it,
formatting the drive is not a problem i can do that by other means, all i wanted was some answers to the error, what is it has anyone else had a similar problem and maybe a work around
george

hgrock 10:08 07 Mar 2003

you are correct, but i wanted to clead the drive of all the rubbish stored there fronm a previous PC when that drive was then drive C; all i wanted to know why i got that error, and if anyone else had come across it,
formatting the drive is not a problem i can do that by other means, all i wanted was some answers to the error, what is it has anyone else had a similar problem and maybe a work around
george

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?