Farmville fault on specific PC

Peter Lanky 14:08 28 Oct 2011

I realise there is a user support for this game, but it is completely useless. There is a part of the game which will not work on my PC. If I ask for items, I never reach the list of people I can make the request from, but merely see a timer in the form of moving vertical bars permanently. This only happens on my PC, I don't have the problem on other less powerful computers. I also get the problem whichever browser I use. I normally use Firefox, but tried on IE and even downloaded a fresh copy of Opera.

As I was going to do it anyway, I have even reinstalled Windows (Professional 64 bit) as a clean installation, but no luck. I initially thought it may be my Firefox, as I saved the details with Mozbackup, but then why does it not work on another browser? There is clearly something about my PC (Dell Vostro 430, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 500 + 100GB Hard Drive, 9500GT graphics) that this application does not like, but I just can't imagine what it is. It did work a couple of weeks ago, and has occasionally worked since, but very rarely.

Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017