Far Cry and cd/dvd emulation

the old man 23:17 22 Apr 2004

Have just bought far cry and installed it no problem. when i tried to run it an error message appeared
"CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game"
Inevitably I believe i don't have any such software on my system. Did have a copy of Clone CD but all traces have gone.
anyone able to advise. It appears on other sites that I am not the only one with this problem but no one has any answers. I have run selective startup within msconfig but still no joy.

the old man 16:49 23 Apr 2004

Have just bought far cry and installed it no problem. when i tried to run it an error message appeared "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game" Inevitably I believe i don't have any such software on my system. Did have a copy of Clone CD but all traces have gone. anyone able to advise. It appears on other sites that I am not the only one with this problem but no one has any answers. I have run selective startup within msconfig but still no joy.

Diodorus Siculus 17:16 23 Apr 2004

Will it run in safe mode? (Does it need to run from CD?)

the old man 17:57 23 Apr 2004

will not work without CD and does not work in safe mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?