fans / heatsinks

Bailey08787 12:59 20 Feb 2003

howdy

just put my hand down the back of the pc the other day, and noticed the air coming out was pretty warm, and pretty weak.

Therefore that got me wondering whether i need to cool things down in there.

But i'm not too sure about fans - where do you stick them? attach them? power them? get them sending the air in the right direction, etc?

In fact, do I even need one? or is the fan on the p4, and the fan on the graphics card, and the power supply fan, etc already enough?

cheers

vaughan007 13:16 20 Feb 2003

If you bought a PC from a standard manufacturer the fans, etc. will almost certainly be sufficient. If you built your own PC that maybe a different matter. Dont worry about the graphics card as these fans are often far bigger than is required anyway. Basically, I think you are probably safe.

vaughan007 13:16 20 Feb 2003

If you bought a PC from a standard manufacturer the fans, etc. will almost certainly be sufficient. If you built your own PC that maybe a different matter. Dont worry about the graphics card as these fans are often far bigger than is required anyway. Basically, I think you are probably safe.

Bailey08787 13:24 20 Feb 2003

well i bought my pc from mesh, back in say 98 - however since then, i have put in a new motherboard, processor, graphics card, power supply - so its built by me really

jazzypop 13:34 20 Feb 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?