Fan issue!

daniellabell 12:45 20 Apr 2009

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me,

I have a HP Pavilion dv4 laptop and there seems to be a problem with the fan.

I've found that a lot of the time recently the fan has been on for ages. I've also noticed my laptop gets quite hot from time to time.

Today though it is louder than ever and it really can be quite annoying, particularly as I'm revising for exams at the moment, I was wondering if there is any way of changing the settings or is there a fault and the fan shouldn't be coming on this much?

OTT_Buzzard 12:56 20 Apr 2009

There probably is a way to set the fan speed in BIOS - but i wouldn't advise it, especially if you think the laptop has been running hot recently.

If you have time, take it to a local computer service center and ask them to open it up and clean it. It's odds on that if you are running hot and the fan is noisy that you have got a dust problem inside, or that the fan bearings are wearing out.

daniellabell 13:02 20 Apr 2009

Thank you for that

Yes i agree i think there must be something wrong with it.

I only purchased the laptop in December and straight away the fan was permanently on not turning off once. So i took it back to Pc World where i purchased it from and they took it into the back and said it had just been a fault with the settings so now i'm wondering if perhaps it was faulty to begin with and nothing to do with the settings.

Graphicool1 13:04 20 Apr 2009
  Graphicool1 13:07 20 Apr 2009

If you only purchased it in December it's still under warranty. Disregard my last post it would most certainly make your warranty void. Take it back and get heavy with them.

daniellabell 13:09 20 Apr 2009

Thank you very much Graphicool1

I will certainly take your advice, thanks for taking the time to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires