Faint lines on photo printing -

KARINA 17:39 19 Jun 2003

I have just bought a Canon A70 digital camera...tooks some photos - then printed them on the Canon i320 and find that all of my photos have faint black lines just like lined paper but despite that the photos colouring is good...........could this be (my printer is 3 weeks old) because i've put compatible canon cartridges into the printer............and before you ask - i did align the cartridges once changed and when i had the original canon cartridges i had no lines on my photos.............i bought these cartridges from choice stationery...........basically i am very dissappointed ............i am hoping to buy the i850 just to do photo printing and will be using original cartridges for that.............has any one got any answers as to why i got these lines on my photos..................any feedback would put my mind to rest............and stop me from going mental!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jester2K II 17:44 19 Jun 2003

Use original cartridges - cheaper at click here

BrianW 17:50 19 Jun 2003

Karina, if all else has stayed constant it is most likely your cartidge. If you haven't already tried it, try the cleaning routine on your printer.

Lines as you describe are usually caused by:

- draft print setting
- poor quality paper
- blocking cartridge nozzle

Hope you are enjoying the new camera, put some shots on here, click here so we can see how you are doing.
Brian

KARINA 18:28 19 Jun 2003

I have done the deep thorough cleaning........etc do you think if i go back to original cartridges after using compatible ones then the problem will be solved.........i did notice one thing after cleaning and nozzle alignment - there is not any proper alignment........there are lines in the black boxes of the alignment printout............there is still alot to learn about the A70 and the shots which i took by using the zoom were not particularly clear.......infact i would say only about 2 of the pictures out of about 30 pictures were crystal clear........maybe i haven't got the hang of it yet........and i did look at the 7 day shop and they did not stock cartridges for the i320 .........thanks anyway.........but tell me one thing do you think this problem was caused by compatible cartridges?????then i will tick the resolved button.........thanks Karina

KARINA 18:47 19 Jun 2003

correction...........7 day shop 'do' stock the cartridges.............

KARINA 20:28 19 Jun 2003

I've tried everything you guys said (as i did before i asked the question)........i have ordered the cartridges from 7 day shop but feel gutted having to pay £15 rather than £5 (original compared to compatibles).......so lets hope that solves the problem.....saying that i will have to wait at least a week..........all of my orders from 7 day shop seem to take more than 9-10 days to arrive............very slow........thanks anyway

Jester2K II 20:32 19 Jun 2003

I use originals because i don't believe copies can be made to the EXACT same spec. What you MIGHT have here is a case where the ink-jet heads are not as precisely lined up and Canon make.

KARINA 20:33 19 Jun 2003

Brian ........... i saw your photos ........what camera did you use..........they were brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..........i couldn't have done better myself.

KARINA 20:35 19 Jun 2003

Duh!...........i read it now - the minolta s414 which was my first choice.................

Filch 20:52 19 Jun 2003

Had the same problem using compatibles with an HP printer. Problem solved when I went back to HP cartridges. Using Canon cartridges will most likely solve your problem.

KARINA 21:19 19 Jun 2003

Thanks Jester & Filch...............have done......and will get my i850 soon..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?