Failure to run Codemasters Toca 3 on Laptyop

Les 20:17 27 Dec 2007

I gave just installed TOCA 3 (Codemasters Race program) on my Toshiba Laptop which is running the Vista Home Premium OS. Installation was successful. But, when I try to run it the following message is put on screen "To install the application, you must have Administrator privileges on this computer"

I am the sole user and have a user account and have to sign in upon switch on - is there anything else I should do - or - I see, from the box, that Vista is not mentioned. I highlighted the RD3 File (the applicatiuon .exe file) and, in compatability, switched it to Windows XP - I still get the same message.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Les 20:18 27 Dec 2007

Laptop!

rdave13 20:42 27 Dec 2007

Try right clicking the icon and click 'run as administrator'.

Les 20:59 27 Dec 2007

rdave13:

Thanks for the info - that's something else I have learned. Unfortunately, the program will not run - the message now is "The installed StarForce Protection Driver is not compatible with this version of windows". I shall have to contact Codemasters for a patch - if one is available that is.

Transition to Vista is a pain, but I'll persist with it - with help from people such a yourself maybe I'll even succeed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?