Failure to deliver emails

Larry Lamb 09:23 11 Oct 2007

I am using Windows Vista, Windows Mail my friend tells me that he is not receiving my emails his ISP is AOL and mine is Karoo we have both checked to make sure that they are not being blocked by our virus software or by AOL and Karoo. I don't get any messages to say that they could not be delivered. I have sent myself an email and that is delivered OK. Any one any idea were the problem could be?

DieSse 09:33 11 Oct 2007

The commonest cause of the problem is simply using an incorrect(but valid) email address.

I had exactly this situation two days ago - emails sent to me didn't arrive - yet the sender read out to me my correct address. When I visited he'd put the wrong address by accident into his address book!!

Larry Lamb 10:55 11 Oct 2007

He as two email addresses and I have tried both and neither is successful. Thanks for the response.

DieSse 11:00 11 Oct 2007

Another common thing with AOL is that your mails are being treated as spam- sometimes because of the ISP you are using.

Also get him to check in his spam folder on AOL - and/or get him to whitelist you (if this is a facility AOL has.)

anchor 11:28 11 Oct 2007

DieSse may certainly be correct. I have read that AOL blocks messages from some ISP`s that it considers to be used by spammers.

Ask him to register for an alternative e-mail address, (eg: Googlemail, or Yahoo), and see if that works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?