Failed Security Updates

Hofnar 16:11 27 Apr 2010

Two of the security updates (KB979683 and KB980232)fail to istall for the last 10 days. They download, sometime 5-6 times a day, together with other updates who install corectly. Microsoft failed to find a solution. Anyone know an answer to this annoying error?

VOT Productions 19:31 27 Apr 2010

Have you
Emptied the SoftwareDistro folder?
Restarted the Windows Update Service?
Downloaded the patches through Download Center?

What is your OS?

VOT Productions 19:31 27 Apr 2010

Have you
Emptied the SoftwareDistro folder?
Restarted the Windows Update Service?
Downloaded the patches through Download Center?

What is your OS?

Sea Urchin 22:25 27 Apr 2010

Download the two updates from the links below, and save them to your desktop. Then restart your computer in safe mode (tap F8 as computer boots up) and then double-click on the downloaded file and try installing them from there. Repeat for the second one, and then restart your system.

click here

click here

birdface 23:53 27 Apr 2010

3 Updates for me tonight for W/7 but they all installed Ok.

Hofnar 14:46 28 Apr 2010

I've just noted that these updates are for Windows XP. As I am running Widows 7 I don't think I need them. But they keep being downloaded and trying to install. I have about 50 downloads of them and do not know how to stop them. If you can help I'd be grateful.

Hofnar 15:42 28 Apr 2010

Where is the SoftwareDistro folder? Never heard of it and don't know if it's on my PC. It doesn't show in "Find"
Cheers

Sea Urchin 16:28 28 Apr 2010

"I've just noted that these updates are for Windows XP"

You didn't bother to mention your operating system in your original post - but of course Security updates are usually for most op. systems. They are also for Windows 7. Here are the links - run as my previous post.

click here

click here

Hofnar 16:03 29 Apr 2010

Sorry for the delay SU. I've been trying for two days now to install those two security updates. I've tried all the advised obtions. The progress bar shows installation right up to the end; then Nothing more than the message that the installation has failed. I don't know how important these updates are, but i thinkI'm giving up on them. They still keep getting downloaded several times a day with automatic download. Bl... nuisance.
Thanks for trying to help though.

Hofnar 16:07 29 Apr 2010

Please see Sea Urchin. I haven't been able to solve this problem but thank you for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache