Failed to refill Epson Sylus CX3200 printer

muscic lover 12:12 21 Aug 2006

I have wanted to refill my Epson Stylus CX3200 black ink cartridge, poked a hole in the top of the cartridge and injected the ink and resealed the hole, but the printer wont play as it says the cartridge is out of ink..... any ideas why and how i can overcomne this??

thanks in advance

jimv7 12:23 21 Aug 2006

You have to reset the cartidges as the printer thinks they are still empty.

click here

Bellboy 12:29 21 Aug 2006

My Lexmark cartidges are very sensitive to airlocks.
It often pays to let the ink settle for a while.
David.

mad1234 12:34 21 Aug 2006

you can buy a universal cartrige chip resetter at most places that sell refilled cartridges

pj123 15:06 21 Aug 2006

Gave up refilling cartridges a long time ago. Too messy, takes too long and doesn't always work effectively.

Cheaper, easier and probably more cost effective to buy compatible cartridges particularly now most of them are chipped. As pointed out above you also need a chip resetter to fool the printer into thinking it is a new cartridge.

I get mine from Choice Stationery at: click here
but there are other suppliers cheaper than Choice. Tonezone for example: click here

Chriss82 15:12 21 Aug 2006

basically run the cartridge change process, the cartrdige should move to an empty space in the middle of the printer and wait, remove the cartridge and then replace it, the printer has now been told it has a full cartridge again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?