My Acer aspire 6530G will only go as far as lighting the LEDs at the top of the keyboard, I can hear the optical dive initialize and the fan spin briefly then it all shuts down. 10 or so seconds later it repeats this process.
I have tried the following
1. removing each RAM in turn and tryinh them in the other slots in pairs and singlarly
2. removeed the battery and tried AC only
3. tried the hold power button without AC or battery as mentioned on one of the supprt pages
4. removed and re seated the HDD.
5. tried anti virus rescue just in case its a boot sector virus
6. tried a win 7 recovery
in options 5 & 6 the disks couldn't be read
In all cases there has been no change in the outcome.
Any suggestions please