factory settings can I get photos back help

Portlr 16:39 20 Feb 2016

I have just reset my laptop to factory settings. I thought that I had my photos backed up on my external hard drive but I was to stupid to check. I own a Sony Vaio laptop with 500bg memory. I have just installed iTunes and and Windows 10. Is there any hope of getting my photos back. If yes what would be the best way to get these back. Please help it would be much appreciated.

rdave13 16:41 20 Feb 2016

Recuva should help, Piriform.

rdave13 16:43 20 Feb 2016

A lot of help here.

rdave13 16:53 20 Feb 2016

Another one is campic restore. Create a folder on the desktop as the destination folder when you run it. Note it will find any kind of images including favicons etc. Have a look at this this thread. Nontek's link is a direct link so save to download folder. Scan then run.

Portlr 17:08 20 Feb 2016

Do you think a recovery software would get my photos back or would it be better to go to a company who can do this. I just want to look at all of my options. Thanks for the reply.

rdave13 17:14 20 Feb 2016

Check out the quoted pricing for this. What you don't want to do at present is to install any programs that will overwrite data.

Depending on how important your photos are then pay for expert help. Personally I'd give Campic Restore a go but that's just my humble opinion.

Portlr 17:20 20 Feb 2016

Thanks for your help. I think I will install campus restore and give that a go. fingers crossed this will work. Thanks again.

rdave13 17:39 20 Feb 2016

Just remember that it picks up all kinds of images and you will need to sort out the result. That Recuva is also good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone