Factory Restore Problem?

Legslip 23:36 05 Oct 2009

I want to restore my ACER laptop back to 'as I bought it'. Problem is I have partioned the HD and factory restore only restores the 'C' partion. I want to delete the partitions and rest ore the HD back to it's full 160gb capacity. I would normally reformat the HD but the Ltop didn't come with a Vista disk, only the factory restore capability. Is there a way round the prob without the Vista disk?

lotvic 23:59 05 Oct 2009

If you have Acer Empowering Technology applications installed then you should be able to burn your own DVD's with "eRecovery" according to the Acer website FAQ's
Have a look around click here

I haven't got an Acer but the above is what I found that might help you.

Legslip 01:02 06 Oct 2009

Thanks lotvic. I appreciate your response but cannot see the solution here. I can backup or restore my system from Emp Tech applications but they appear to only work on the C Sector. I want to combine C, D and an unallocated sector and then start again. Simple solution is a reformat but I don't have a Vista CD. It didn't come with the machine.

gigagiggles 03:47 06 Oct 2009

hello, legslip.

since you created the partition, you can destroy it.

assuming the partition data is backed up, return to control panel/administrative tools/computer management/storage. from there, you can delete the partition, extend the c: volume, leave the d: recovery partition alone and return the pc to factory condition.

sharpamat 08:00 06 Oct 2009

I presume the partition was backed up and you did make a set of recovary discs? This is available on HP systems if recovery is deleated or altered but Acers own website has a members forum soley related to Acers ( also a shop where if needed you can purchase recovary DVDs)

Back up all your personal data to an external Media. Then try your restore to factory settings. from disc not HD.

If you have advanced option on it select and look for one that recovers the restore partion. THIS IS THE PROCEDURE FOR HPs`

Otherwise check with ACERs own support pages

Legslip 23:57 06 Oct 2009

tHANKS CONTRIBUTORS. wILL RING aceR TOMORROW AND SEE IF i CAN GET A RECOVERY/RESTORE CD. MIND YOU, ALL I REALLY NEED IS A WINDOWS VISTA DISK (THAT WASN;T SUPPLIED!)

WILL ADVISE OUTCOME.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?