Facebook How do i delete a group (Nightmare)

Uboat 22:43 21 Oct 2010

Hi guys i am hoping someone can help me with this, ive got a group with over 800 members, there is no need for it now and i want to close it but when i go to FB's rather basic and unhelpful FAQ's the only result i came into was this: you can delete the group by removing all members and then yourself, Well that's fine and dandy BUT i can only delete a member individually and not a block amount of them.?
Does anyone know of a better/faster way cause this will take me hours to do which is not a acceptable solution from FB.
Thankx
UB

Forum Editor 22:48 21 Oct 2010

from Speakers Corner.

lotvic 00:13 22 Oct 2010

Isn't any other way that I know of. You have to delete each member one by one and then yourself.

kristain 08:22 22 Oct 2010

Here are the steps to delete group:

1. Log in to your facebook account.

2. Access your group page that you want to delete.

3. On the right hand side of the page click on the link "edit members" and remove each and every member. This is a bit tedious, especially if you have a large group, but for now there seems to be no other way.

4. As a final step, remove yourself (the admin) from the group. This last step will close the group out and bring you back to your personal facebook page where you can search for the group and verify that it is indeed no longer listed on the facebook directory.
Sweet success!

Uboat 11:24 22 Oct 2010

lotvic & kristain THANKYOU! so much, you would of thought FB would of took things like this into consideration eh.? now ive got to spend hours deleting 864 members! Grrr

Thankx once again & have a gr8 w/end!
UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?