Facebook Email: Please Help - Avast! has caught it

AngeTheHippy 19:02 07 Nov 2009

but it won't let me delete!!
Evening chaps,
Please can you help - I've been receiving these bally emails (never opening them) and Avast! detects and I kill off each time. However, I follow what Avast is suggesting, but then I get a red topped window: Avast!: There are no more files (that bit's on a red strip at top of window), then:
cannot process "Incoming emails 'facebook updated account agreement' From "Facebook" noreply+[email protected]>. To: (then my email addy) >\agreement.zip#2395687953\agreement e.file

I don't know what to DO with this! Each time I click the OK I get the original Avast! alert 'A virus was found' etc etc!!

Can anyone help with this please?

Ange
x

Sea Urchin 20:27 07 Nov 2009

There are many Facebook viruses around - most to do with email. I would run a scan with Malawarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 07 Nov 2009

run the XP equivalent of the old check disk, open My Computer, click once on the C drive, right click, select Properties, then Tools, in the Error Checking section, press the Check Now button. Click only the first box to fix file system errors then press the Start button. You will get a warning about "exclusive access", click the Yes button and then reboot. After the error checking process finishes and the system boots back up, you can launch programs normally and the problem should be gone.

AngeTheHippy 20:42 07 Nov 2009

I left everything as it was on the desktop and closed my email client. I didn't touch it for a good 1/2 hour then opened it again, and all seemed OK. I cannot understand WHY, all of a sudden I'm getting all these damned emails from (supposedly) Facebook! I knew IMMEDIATELY the firs email arrived as it was to my NON- Facebook email addy - I've set up an addy purely for Facebook mails. Strangely, I haven't yet (!!!) received one of these on the Facebook addy!! I'm so fed up with them - I'm getting maybe 6-10 each day!!

Ange
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?