Facebook & carlisle?

tein 16:50 27 Sep 2009

Afternoon Everyone~! IF this should go in Helproom please forgive me! as i am not sure if this kina thing should go here or there

I have been trying to find some friends from carlisle with who i worked with & ive tried facebook by typing in carlisle then Cumbria & its telling me "No such Place" i wish they would sort out there Geography out on that website its been like this for years!

Can anyone suggest anything OR does anyone come from carlisle & could they tell me what location they input so i can try & pinpoint my friends please.? It shouldnt have to be like this! the support on FB is non Existent!

Thankx

crosstrainer 17:05 27 Sep 2009

Join Facebook

Choose the location in which you or they live.

Look for Find Friends.

(Helps if you know the full names of those you are looking for)

After which you will get a lot of people who you DON'T want to know.

As an example, join up and I will find you, from that point we can then find your friends.. I was very sceptical.. but it does work.

crosstrainer 17:13 27 Sep 2009

Look for me under the name of Jeffrey Cooper

tein 17:15 27 Sep 2009

crosstrainer Thanks for your reply, i fogot to mention ive been a member for 15 months, the first name of my friend is very common followed by his surname of "Smith!" so ive got my work cut out for me! its the location im struggling on cause FB doesnt have "Carlisle" as a location it simply doesnt exsist.? Cumbria as well.,? so i want to know what the people of Carlisle class as there Location on FB so i can try to pin point my friends...

thankx again!

tein 17:16 27 Sep 2009

crosstrainer send me a message of your location theres TONS of JC's..lol
thankx

crosstrainer 17:30 27 Sep 2009

Fb does not work by location, only by person. If you are a member then all you can do is use the "Find friends option" Of course Cumbria, and every other location in the world are there, but it's not geographical, it's the person.

Catch me (online now) and I will try to help you through it)

J

crosstrainer 17:32 27 Sep 2009

Need your email address to invite as a friend (Yellow envelope)

crosstrainer 18:07 27 Sep 2009

Jeff Cooper cardiff wales

tein 18:36 27 Sep 2009

Crosstrainer Thankx ive found & messaged you thankx!

Forum Editor 18:44 27 Sep 2009

from Speakers Corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?