F11 key doesn't work ...

Graham. 12:08 10 Sep 2010

... on some pages. For example, once click here has started, it doesn't work. Anything known, please?

Sea Urchin 12:22 10 Sep 2010

No problems here in both IE and Firefox

birdface 12:48 10 Sep 2010

F11 key normally makes the window larger or smaller is this what you are trying to do.
If so it worked ok with me.

lotvic 12:50 10 Sep 2010

Yes, same for me, F11 full screen works if I do it before I start the slideshow, but not once I have clicked on play, even if I pause slideshow F11 has no effect. I have to put mouse cursor at top of screen to get the top taskbar to show so that I can 'escape' from the slideshow to another tab then F11 will work again.

lotvic 12:53 10 Sep 2010

my first post was meant for you, Yes I have the same problem with F11.
I am using Firefox

mole44 13:21 10 Sep 2010

try swithching F Lock on

lotvic 14:17 10 Sep 2010

"mole
try swithching F Lock on"

?? what's that supposed to mean? Don't know about Graham. but I am on a desktop pc

Woolwell 14:47 10 Sep 2010

You may need that on some keyboards and some laptops. But I don't think that is the problem. Like you once the slideshow starts running F11 doesn't work. This is on Opera and Firefox. More worryingly I started the slideshow in Opera in fullscreen and then couldn't use escape or F11 to revert without clicking to change to a different part of the website. It seems to be the wway the site is designed.

Graham. 14:50 10 Sep 2010

It's ironic that it should happen on a page where you really need it.

MAT ALAN 15:09 10 Sep 2010

no idea exactly what your issue is...

might help

The F11 key goes into and out of Full Screen mode. Hiding and showing the toolbars happens to be a side effect of this, but if you can't get them to show either way, something else is hiding them.

Try right-clicking on the toolbar and looking for Customize or View/View Toolbars. You should find a way of turning on missing toolbars there.

A menu item under View may also enable you to get back missing toolbars.

Sea Urchin 16:11 10 Sep 2010

It seems to be the way the site is designed.

Not here it isn't - my F11 key works before and during the running of the slide show in Firefox and IE. (and after!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?