f-secure problem - Eating ram!

ashleycardwell94 21:07 18 Mar 2009

f-secure is eating my ram.
f-secure is running a program called"fssm32.exe" and the is slowing down my PC a lot. I realy need help to stop this app safley.

F-secure internet security 2008

HELP

ambra4 00:32 19 Mar 2009

Take a read at this site

click here

gazzaho 07:32 19 Mar 2009

Hi ashleycardwell94

Have a read through this click here it might be a good idea to download and run Hijack This click here and see if the same type of entries described in post #3 are found in your Hijack This log file. I would post your Hijack This log to the same site along with a description of the problem and ask someone to check it for you before attempting to remove any suspicious entries though.

I've used F-Secure for quite a few years now on various machines and have had no problem with the issues you describe.

mooly 07:41 19 Mar 2009

I too am a big fan of FSecure. Currently running FS IS2009 on a Vista laptop with 2GB RAM... it flies (it was OKish with 1GB but did cause a noticeable slowdown at times !). What are you running and how much RAM ?
If you open the program (IS2009 anyway) there is an option to change the protection level away from "normal" to one more suited to running on a low spec system... although you should not need to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Musique en streaming : Spotify vs Deezer